The dental filling is a procedure to restore a tooth damaged by decay back to its normal function. The dentist usually removes the decayed part, cleans that area, and places filling material in the cavity. Further decay is prevented by closing off spaces where bacteria can enter.
For Natural appearance, Composite restoration is used as they are matched to be the same color as your teeth. A dentist only can detect whether you have a cavity that needs to be filled. The dentist will closely look at your tooth with a small mirror to examine each tooth surface.
There are three fillings:-
1. Gold filling – This filling looks like gold, but it is filled with gold, copper, other metals, etc. This filling last the longest, from 15 to 30 years.
2. Silver filling – This filling looks like silver, but it is filled with silver, mercury, copper, tin, etc. This filling last from 10 to 15 years.
3. Composite resins – This filling looks the same color as your teeth, but it is filled with quartz or glass etc. This filling doesn’t last long, and you need to replace it every 5 to 7 years.
Do You Need Teeth Filling?
A tooth filling is a dental restoration that involves removing decay and repairing the affected tooth. Here are some visible signs that you need a tooth filling:-
- Food that always gets stuck between certain teeth
- A hole you can see or feel in your teeth
- When your floss tears in a particular spot
- A rough chipped or broken tooth
To know more about dental filling contact us.